I went to Discovery Kingdom’s Job Fair today with Fetima. We went early morning. There was a long ass line!! Like, 400 people in front of us! (including the ones inside already) I saw a few people I know from school & MIT. There were workers there telling everyone that if you didn't apply online, then you can't go in. Fetima didn't! So we had to call someone to do it for her. We called Christina, & I had to talk her through it. But we didn't have much time because we were near the door, and we didn't want people to hear.
By the time we got in, we signed the attendance sheet. And we walked over to these two guys at a desk. I gave them my papers and they looked my name up on the computer. And they gave me my packet. Then it was Fetima's turn, but her application online wasn't ready yet. They looked her name up, but it wasn't working! Then in a minute they finally found it. Christina JUST finished then. Thank god!
After that we were told to go to Room 104 and complete our packet. We had a math test on it -.-We both applied for Admissions. After that we got our interview time paper, and had to go to Room 119. There were about 20-30 people in there. It was a waiting room. Haha, there was this guy who had an iPod and speakers and started singing and dancing to pass the time. He had the whole room laughing! 20 minutes later me and Fetima's names were called. I was getting so nervous! This would be my first job interview. We got interviewed as a group, there was like 18 of us. The interviewer asked us many questions. She said we only had to answer when we wanted to, but 0Cina told us that we need to answer ALL of them. So that's what we did. I had to think of things really quick before time ran out, til the next question. In the end, the interviewer left the room. We all started talking to each other. Many of them were much older than me. Then the interviewer came inside and called about 10 people, and left the room. I was kinda scared because one of them were a good candidate. So I thought the rest of us didn't get the job. Five minutes later she came back. She paused, then said "Congratulations guys! You are all hired! You made it!" I am glad we both got hired.
Since me and Fetima never handled money before, our position will be Ticket Takers. This guy became Toll Taker. And the rest was Season Pass Taker. We all went out the room and went into the computer room. We completed the packet and moved on into the green room. After we were processed of our schedules, we went back to our interviewer and manager. He signed our paperwork and congradulated us again.
I'm glad I went today. I didn't think I would get the job. Cause I need fuckin $$$ quick! I need to buy my geometry book for Solano College. And my next class is Tuesday -.-
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment